Archimedes NE Maths Hub is led by Carmel College, Darlington. The 40 Maths Hubs serve the whole of England. Each Maths Hub is open to working with any state-funded schools and colleges, from Early Years providers to post-16 institutions, in the geographical area, which we cover.
At Archimedes NE Maths Hub we aim to:
- To establish a community in which maths teachers can understand and explore the bigger picture of maths education and make contributions to it, locally and beyond, within their own phases and cross phase.
- To offer PD and leadership opportunities to maths teachers that helps to keep them in the classroom.
- To develop and increase the maths leadership capacity across the region, in terms of quantity, quality and confidence
- To build a cohesive community of maths expertise.
Maths Hub Projects in 2021/22
CPD projects are offered each year. To see all the projects, download this flyer. You can also download separate flyers to see the Early Years projects, primary projects, secondary projects and the whole secondary offer including materials, and post-16 projects.
If you would like to participate in any of this work please contact:
- Email: Rose-Marie Rochester – Maths Hub lead – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Email: Jackie Springhall –Coordinator email@example.com
- Tel: 01325 254525
- Website: https://carmelarchimedesmathshub.org.uk/
- Twitter: @ArchimedesNE
National Centre for Excellence in the Teaching of Mathematics: https://www.ncetm.org.uk/