Teaching School Hubs have been commissioned to undertake a new strand of work in Initial Teacher Training (ITT): to deliver an ITT strategy in our hub area. In this case our area is the Tees Valley area of England.
Delivery of ITT Strategic Role
The Tees Valley Teaching School Hub will carry out the following tasks:
- Map schools in the Tees Valley area to understand the regional ITT landscape
- Engage with schools, especially those which have not been involved previously with ITT.
- Compile a register of schools willing to offer additional school placements.
- Maintain a register of schools willing to offer Intense Training and Placements
- Engage local providers in the Tees Valley area with local schools.
We are currently in the process of recruiting a lead for this role in order to help us develop this service further.